1. What is the difference between car title loans and auto pawns?
Auto pawn is a phrase that does not get used the same way by all companies. The concept and practice of an auto pawn is that you pawn your car just like you would pawn anything else. You store your car with the pawn broker and give them the car title to hold until the loan is paid off. When you get a car title loan, your vehicle is not stored, you get to keep driving your car, but the lender becomes the legal owner of the vehicle until you pay your loan off in full.
2. Do you loan money on motorcycles or jet skis?
Absolutely, we loan money on all vehicles that have a title and are in running condition.
3. Do I have to be employed?
To get an auto pawn you do not have to be employed or show any kind of proof of income.
4. Do I need good credit to get an auto pawn loan?
No, you do not. Your credit standing has no relevance when obtaining an auto pawn. All you need is your car and title.
5. How do you determine the value of the car?
Almost without exception, auto pawn and car title loan companies use two tools. Kelly Blue Book and Manheim MMR. Manheim is used more because it gives a more accurate picture of what the vehicle is worth if the car was on a car sales lot right now. The more you tell us about the special options on the vehicle, the better we can determine the value. Based on how well the car normally holds it value (some cars keep their value over longer period of time), the amount of the loan can be as low as 30% of the value or as high as 60%
6. Does my car have to be paid off?
Yes. Additionally, you have to have the title in hand. If you do not have the title, you can always go to the Department of Motor vehicles and get a replacement title.
7. If my car is titled in another state can I still get an auto pawn?
No, we have to follow the California state laws. If your car is titled in another state, the vehicle follows the laws of that state and not the one you are in.
8. Do I need to make an appointment to get an auto pawn?
No appointments are necessary, just grab your pink slip and drive your car to one of our convenient locations and we will help you within minutes.
9. How long do I have to pay off my auto pawn?
Just like any other pawn loan, you have four months to pay it off, we also give an additional grace period of 15 days.
10. What if I cannot pay off the auto pawn loan?
We will gladly re-write your loan for a small service fee, giving you an additional four months and 15days.
11. Does my vehicle have to be in my name to get an auto pawn?
Yes, just like any other pawn transaction. The property you are pledging has to be yours and the pink slip has to be in your name.
12. Where are you going to keep my automobile while it’s in loan?
We have safe and secured automotive storage locations around our auto pawn centers. We utilize state of the art security and surveillance systems to ensure that all your items are always safe and protected.
13. What if I do not want to get an auto pawn, can I sell my car or motorcycle?
Buy Sell Loan, Inc. can and will buy your vehicles outright.
14. What if I only have one car, I need it to get around?
If you cannot leave your car in our auto pawn lot and you are not interested in selling it, please consider applying for a pink slip car loan from our affiliate.